Saturday, September 12, 2009

Things I've learned

 

I haven't blogged in a while... I've been on vacation.  Not from taking pictures or learning lessons however.  Here are a few lessons I've learned this Month.

 

*When you first have a baby and think that is the gift everyone is talking about....it's not.  I remember Mason being 6 months old and just thinking how great an age he was at, and how much fun he was.  I never realized  the fun would continue and even get better.  (ask me again when he turns 11!)IMG_3175

*When Mason says he has to use the poopie potty and then he laughs....you are about 10 seconds to late.   (It only took me a few times to realize this!)

2009 08 18_BEACHaugust2009_0038edit

 

* Muffin liners and Easter eggs serve more than one purpose when trying to make dinner. IMG_3184edit

IMG_3185edit

 

* I want to be in a reality TV show.   That way someone is always filming us.  There is someone to edit the massive amounts of video.  They edit out the bad stuff for you.  There would always be record of what was said...I'm not naming names here...(BRIAN!!!)  When Mason says cute things like the other night, Brian asked him if he would help give his baby brother a bath and he said, "uh huh" and Brian asked what he would do if the baby started crying  and Mason said, "give him a kiss " .  That would be captured so I would know that I'm not losing my mind when Bernard (Bernard=new baby) is 3 weeks old and Mason is trying to put him in the trash like he does everything else.  I will know things will be normal again....on day.  Oh yes and apparently you get free tanning and liposuction.  Just what I need.    I know you are thinking about letting the public in and just what that would do to our family....but I'm pretty sure not that many people would stay tuned in to....Saturday night in Franklin.....asleep by 9:00....coming up next on Difalco....party of 4.IMG_3189edit

* Apparently every pregnancy is different.  With Mason I was sick all the time and never went anywhere.  With this baby I  have gone a little ( or a lot depending on who you ask) crazy.  I walked out of the grocery store with out any of my groceries the other day.  I've been messing up recipes I've made a thousand times before.  I think it's the stress....maybe I should go find someplace quiet a lay down!  Ha Ha!2009 08 18_BEACHaugust2009_0070edit

* I learned you shouldn't give in to every craving you have.  Like yesterday when I went to Michael's fully convinced that I would buy things to learn and decorate cakes. "It will save so much money" , I would tell Brian.  The beginners kit was $25.....how much is a cake at Costco?  Or better yet Coldstone?  Anyway, I started looking at all the cake "gear" and did you know you have to get a special saw to cut the top of the cake off?  Also you have to get clear butter flavor syrup to make your butter cream frosting with so it doesn't turn yellow....with real butter.  And to top it all off (pun intended) The nice flowers people make and put on there.....not until the third class.  So new baby will be born....no more time to decorate cakes.   Oh well.....large pans of brownies undecorated are good for now.

2009 08 18_BEACHaugust2009_0056edit

* There is nothing like it when Mason gives an  unprompted ,"Luv Choo Mommio", or, "tank you", even a little, "peas" when he wants something!  2009 08 16_BEACHaugust2009_0132edit

I'm sure there are more....and I'll share them when I remember.  For now  little Bernard is using up all of my memory....I need an upgrade! 

No comments: