Sunday, November 27, 2011

Party time! (excellent)





Wow, our kids are two and four.  I can't believe it's happened already!  We thought we would share a few pictures of the big parties with you!  Mason turned 4 last weekend in North (or Norf as he says it) Carolina.  We took him to a little place called called Discovery place kids  in Huntersville, NC!  First of all we were lucky to have found it Saturday morning on a little web search for childrens birthday places.  Second of all it was AMAZING.  They had areas for both kids.  Lucas had a ball at a water table designed just for his age that was connected to a water area for Mason's age. 





 Maybe we live in the boondocks, but I was amazed at all the different things they had in the museum. They had a life sized:  Fire truck, Ambulance, Nascar, and Jet boat.   

Brian really loved the Jet boat...can you tell?




















































 








I forgot my camera that day and was really upset about it at first.  I had my phone so that's where all these pictures and videos are from.  After I thought about it, I was happy to just to get to be there with the kids instead of worrying about the right angles ( no pun intended you math geeks!) and good lighting. 



A three hour tour!  


Hold on! Have you seen who's driving?







Look who's driving!


Jeff Gordon? Who care's if it's not the right car!

On to the winners circle for this guy!


There was a complete cafe for the parents to sit down in booths and order from the kids.  They even had a brick oven for kids to make pizza's in.  Although I'm pretty sure none of the 3-5 year olds figured that out because they ended up being filled with plastic pitchers and cups.  It was a nice beverage station though!!



Mason cutting up our pizza.

Lucas and Brian Making a salad in a utensil bin.



our server/ant




They even had a Dr's office, veterinarian's office, grocery store, hen's laying eggs, a garden, a stage, some kind of brick building shenanigans and a whole floor upstairs too!
In the event that any of you would be in Huntersville, NC, and find yourself a kid from ages 2-7, do yourself a favor and check that place out!










A few more videos, in case you didn't believe me!

Then....we had the actual party!


Mason was VERY excited about opening presents!

Lucas however, could have cared less!

eh...can someone open this for me?  I don't have the energy!



Lucas left and came back to this present three times before he finally got it unwrapped!

Mason and his new excavator!

Lucas and his Hocus Pocus!




The bulldozer cake !  The boys loved it and Mason kept asking if he could just have a "pinch" of it!


Mason eating the Happy Birthday Road sign.  

The boys Had a great party!  We found out today the reason why Lucas stared off into space and didn't really care about his presents was that he has an ear infection!  Poor guy!

No comments: