Well We're back at it again. Young Mason decided this morning that he was up for an adventure. We couldn't decide what to do today so we called Brian at work. He said we should come out and bring him lunch....How adventurous. So I told Mason we were going to go visit his Daddy at work.
![]()
His eyes were dazzling thinking of the recliners and all those cool guys he works with. Then I told him..."not that work Mason", "out to the 911 center". His eyes shifted, thinking Yes!! Even better. I hope Cops is on today or deadliest catch. So we set off for Subway our first stop in the adventure. We rounded up a few subs...and a few cookies for Mommy. We checked out the ceiling fan in Subway....and then we set out.
![]()
Mason was filled with giddy joy as he imagined all the 911 lines ringing off the hook, ready to use the radio at a moments notice. He would say da-da- da 10-4 or ma-ma roger that. When we arrived his eyes had instant joy written in them as he saw all the buttons he could push, tables he could slap and paper he could eat. Not to mention TV watching. whoa buddy we hit the big time.
As Brian and I ate we put Mason in charge of the radio panel.
I don't like being disturbed when I eat so Mason enthusiastically manned the controls.
Then as we ate cookies and talked about tabloid news we just left Mason over to mind the radio's a little more.
![]()
Clearly he will be a little more effective at his job when he can sit in the chair by himself. We're working on that! I figured Brian wasn't doing much else besides watching TV so I left Mason out with him for about 3 hours while I worked on my tan and went up to the pool and drank Pina Coladas. Mason learned the finer skills of dispatching, felony traffic stops and crab fishing in Alaska. It really helped when unnecessary 911 callers called in with lame problems....Brian would just pinch Mason's arm and as the howling started the caller's realized it probably wasn't a good time to be calling 911.
![]()
So remember if you ever call 911 and hear a baby crying in the background...you have a stupid problem and should hang up immediately. HA HA HA! Mason Loves visiting his Daddy at work. Especially now that the baby sitter ( who just graduated with a degree in audiology/speech pathology) taught Mason how to say Da-Da-da. Brian says she get a raise! He's been Saying Ma-Ma for a few months ...and didn't have to be coaxed along! That's all for now. Hope you all enjoyed the update. -Jamie
1 comment:
wow Jamie...I have to say I can't believe how big he's getting!! Looks like you're having so much fun being a mom!
Jamie (Newman) Law
Post a Comment