Saturday, August 16, 2008

Who knew life could be this much fun?

I always remember my parents telling me things like I hope you have kids that are just like you ( and I'm not even going to mention the poster child for birth control jokes...oops!)  Needless to say I didn't make it easy on my parents as I grew up.  Well I think their wish has been answered.  Up until now I thought we somehow drew the "get out of jail free" card.  Mason has always slept really well, eaten really well, and been such a happy little boy.  I've often thought that he was way to good to be our baby.  Well Mom, here you go. 

I Moved Mason's highchair right behind me as I did the dishes this evening.  Sometimes he gets nervous when he can't see me or when I'm not talking to him.  So, when he was quietly playing with the toys on his highchair I thought, "Wow, I can't believe how good he is being....not fussing at all."  Then I turned around.IMG_1456

The Face of innocence.  I didn't do it!

IMG_1453 You know when you hear of these kids doing stupid things and think wasn't his Mom paying attention to him?  Yeah, he was right behind me!  At least we don't have to unroll our towels anymore!

IMG_1460 Where did they all go?

All I could do was laugh. And think that I probably did something like that to my Mom! (sorry Mom!)

 

We've been working with the little guy to start crawling. He isn't to sure about it yet but thinks it's fun to lay on the foam mat.

IMG_1426 

If I put one hand a little in front of the other it will look like I'm moving....yes.

 

IMG_1428

Is that one of those upside down nine's?

 

IMG_1429

It tastes just like foam!

 

IMG_1394

I'm not a morning person! ( oh wait...that's my Mom!)

 

IMG_1407

A little aerial surveillance.

 

IMG_1435

I'm nine months old this week. (get it? I'm sitting on the nine?)

 

Last week Mason had a big event.  The first (professional) haircut.  We took him to the same girl that cuts mine who admittedly has never tried to cut a child's hair.  It couldn't look worse than when I tried to cut it with scissors in the high chair...and just me!  He did very well and even got the bottom of it buzzed off.  IMG_1392 You will smile for the camera...now! I promise I wasn't choking him.  Just ensuring that he didn't look around and see what that buzzing noise was.

 

I know it seems like I go over to the base a lot.  And that's because I do.  First of all I don't have to cook, second the guys Brian works with are great babysitters, and third....oh yeah, we get to see Brian.  I couldn't resist a picture of this.

IMG_1464 They didn't have a high chair so Daniel, who works with Brian held Mason while Brian plowed in the food.

 

IMG_1466 Not more food Daddy!

IMG_1465 How many firefighters does it take to feed a baby?  I don't know but it seems like Billy ( in the background) is still thinking about it!

 

Well I have to say if Mason does grow up just like me it wouldn't be to bad...at least he would be smart, talented, funny and good looking.  Ha Ha Ha!  Let's hope he's a good little boy for my sake! Hope you guys enjoyed the update and all the pictures.  Talk to you later!  -Jamie

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

The Laws said...

I love his paper towel fun...that's is the cutest highchair I've seen...where did you get that??!! I love it! The little boy sitting in it is pretty cute too! I can't believe how big he's getting.