Monday, January 19, 2009

It's all different now.

When I was in Idaho a few weeks ago I got to see a few of my old friends.  They reminded me of what things were like almost 10 years ago when we were in in high school.  Man how the times have changed.  I remember trying to make the most of Pirate Fridays ( we would get an hour for lunch from school) by staging as close to the gym as we could  come lunch time.  We would burst out of the doors run to the car....drive 15 mph past the cop that we already knew would be there....and take the back roads to Ontario....because we had an hour for lunch....and we could.   The reason I remembered this and a few other silly things we used to do is because of a little journey I took on Friday.  We went to the Airport to pick up Brian who was flying up from Tampa, FL.  He had driven his Grandmother down to "winter" for a month with some relatives she has down there.   He flew into Dulles airport which is near DC.  Brian's mom agreed to ride with me and Mason in case, "Mason gets fussy on the ride."  It was funny that we talked about him getting antsy in the carseat or having a wet diaper or just just getting mad about sitting in rush hour traffic and just how nice that would be to have someone else riding along to take care of him.  Little did we realize Mason had a stomach virus and would be sick....the whole day!   At first we thought he was carsick  so we stopped about an hour into our journey.  We ate lunch went to target and bought some pedialyte, lots of wipes....and some new clothes.  We ate at a salad bar and since Mason was just carsick we fed him some bread...little pieces of ham...lettuce...and peas.  (yes for the record I definitely regret the peas now.  And the red pedialyte!!)  To make a long story short  we had many rapid pull offs to the nearest exit and many outfit changes, but we got home with Brian and were all in one piece.  IMG_2220

I'm going to offer Mason pictures like dog treats...Good job at listening to my disgusting story....here's a picture....good reader!!

The next day when it was time to disassemble the car seat to clean the fabric  Brian contained Mason and they played with fire trucks (nothing really changes with them!) while I did the dirty work.   Those of you  that have ever cleaned a car seat  know how much I thought about getting on line and just "checking" prices on a new

6841_1

one.   This is the moment I knew I had changed.  10 years ago I don't think I fathomed picking bookies....changing awful diapers.....or cleaning a pukey car seat.  Even waking up early was a stretch for me!    When they say having a baby changes everything...this is one of those things it changes.   After his bath when we got home he just layed there in my arms and gave a hug...and it was all worth it.   I couldn't think of anything better...even an hour lunch break!!

 IMG_2210

She was right...it was stinky!!

The next night Brian was at work and as  I got young Mason ready for bath time Mason spotted what he called a broooom brooom  which was really a swiffer duster I wasn't quite finished using.  (refer to earlier blogs about Mason's love of brooms and all equipment with long handles. )  I figured hey he's getting a bath.  Now I will show you all the secret to keeping a clean house.

IMG_2203

He can't take out the garbage or do the dishes, but boy can he get right in there and dust the stairs...and you don't even want to know what he did to the dust bunnies under the couch.

IMG_2192

He is so gifted he can multitask by playing and  dusting the floors at the same time!

IMG_2191edit

Don't forget to dust your books!

IMG_2185edit 

I think it's o.k. to give him a little break before I put him back to work!

IMG_2199

And finally a little playtime with Old McDonald before bath time!

When Brian goes back in a few weeks to pick up his grandmother I am thinking about calling him a cab to get to the airport.  Please donate to the get Brian the 3 hours to the airport in a taxi fund...I'm sure it's going to be expensive!  Ha Hope you all have a great day! 

No comments: