Thursday, February 26, 2009

A free hand!

I'm almost embarrassed to tell you that Each milestone Mason has I feel one step closer to human.  It's not that I don't like to feed, clothe, bathe, pick boogies for, and entertain him.  It's just that I really need 3 hands most of the time and the more he does...the more I only need the 2 I have.  For example we have been working on Mason eating by himself.   Today we realized our dream of independence ( at least one small part) when Mason ate his cereal all by his self.   Here is the clip!

Also...please none of you remind me of what I said here  in a few months when Mason doesn't want to have anything to do with me and is completely independent.   He's at the best age right now where everything is funny.  He has a little plastic sheep that came with his farm set and Brian slides it down the side of the changing table when he is changing Mason and he thinks it is HILARIOUS!  You can do it over and over again and get the same reaction.  Now I get what people are talking about when they say looking through the eyes of a child.  We are so blessed to have such a funny, happy, and inquisitive little boy.  He say's, "all done" when the bananas all get eaten from his tray as he looks at you like you should know to bring him some more.  And when he blows his nose ( yeah...we trained him to do that too!) he has to bring the tissue to the "ash". Or trash.  He's a lot of fun in ways we never expected!  I guess we don't mind to help him in any way we can for a while longer.  Hope you liked the video!

No comments: