Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What.....a fantastic day!

The sun is shining in Franklin today....and we got carpet in the basement!  IMG_3228edit

See those stairs there???  Yeah....that's carpet on them!

We started this silly basement project right after Easter.  5 Months ago.  Carpet was the last thing on our list.   I found the paper that I wrote notes on when I got the quote from the contractor.  Funny....it says 3 weeks on it! 

IMG_3230edit

As Mason says...."new carpet....carpet everywhere"  "carpet over here, carpet over there"   It's very exciting for all of us.

IMG_3229edit

Just can't get enough of it!

IMG_3231edit

We also got a new fireplace.  Sorry about the quality of all these pictures.   (Note to self....Self, wait for the energy efficient bulbs to heat up before taking pictures in the basement at night)

IMG_3234edit

A view up the stairs. 

 

For all those interested in booking a vacation in the luxury downstairs condo (the fireplace runs off of a remote people!!)  please book early.  All visitors are required to put in at least 10 hours of  "sweat equity" by putting together all the new furniture we got at Ikea this weekend.  So far I put together a step stool and a side table for Mason's room.  Bed, bookshelf, dresser, Armoire, and various other projects are still available.  No previous construction experience?  Your calling is to bring me fresh Ice water and show Brian what is wrong as he tries to put the furniture together.  (Don't worry I'll yell it to you across the room from my laz-e-boy)  Ha Ha Ha.   Any visitors interested yet? 

No comments: