Sunday, October 11, 2009

Relaxing!!

Yeah right!!  I remember when I was pregnant with Mason and people told me to relax as much as I possibly could.  "You won't have time to do it later",  they would say.   SO, I did.  I would work a few hours in the morning....come home for a two hour nap break...then if I woke up in time go back to work for a few hours before retiring to the couch for the evening.  Baby #2: They say you learn a few things when you have your first baby.   My list is quite long.    One of the lessons I learned is that if there is anything you want done.....do it before the baby is born.  You will be looking around in a year going....oh, maybe I should childproof.  So there has been some major work getting done at the DiFalco home.   As previously blogged about the basement is "FINALLY" done (as a chorus of angels sings "Hallelujah").   We have been working at light speed to get the "luxury" suite up to par for visitors.  Mason has been very helpful in this endeavor.

IMG_3235

First we washed the sheets.  Then we climbed up on the bed to test the softness.  I think this means they passed.

IMG_3238

Then there was some dancing.

IMG_3242

Then some rearranging of pillows.

IMG_3246  And finally.  Then bed is made and ready for guests.  Please note the flowering shrub in our lavish courtyard...(through the window that we haven't put mini-blinds up on yet!)

Also, our Ikea assembly has started up with great vigor.   Once again having Mason around has been helpful with a capital H.  We first told Mason he was getting a new bed and he seemed really excited about it.  He kept telling me when I would put him in the crib at night, "Baby Brother sleep in here".    Well apparently he was confused about his new accommodations.

IMG_3243

Mason's new bed....he tells me as he plops into the Styrofoam packing.  Which was funny enough, but he had to add...Mommy get in too.   Ugh...yeah....I'll get right in there.

IMG_3245 At least the Styrofoam served as a play toy and distraction for Mason as we got down to the dirty work of assembly.  (I'm thinking about wrapping up that piece of foam for his birthday....so don't anybody copy me!!)

Then  I left the men to Mason's new bookcase.

IMG_3249

There were very serious instructions given.

IMG_3247

Sturdiness testing (o.k. so Mason calls it riding the horsy)

IMG_3251

Distribution of "thingy's"

IMG_3253

Although the directions called for use of an allen wrench Mason used his engineering expertise and decided a screwdriver would work better.

 

IMG_3255

There were Face to face (literally) meetings about how to put the "thingy's" on.

Then came the tough part...

IMG_3258

"bangen it in"  Mason was very good at the hammering portion of the assembly.  Supervised of course.

IMG_3265

My two favorite guys worked very hard today.  I feel like I should reward them somehow.  Or maybe I should start right now trying to relax before this baby gets here.  Yes, where is that couch at?   Check back in a few days for pictures of our fantastic new furniture!  That is if I can find time in my busy schedule!

No comments: