Thursday, November 17, 2011

MAKE IT! MAKE IT! MAKE IT!

This past week I have been busy crafting!  Most of you know I love it!  Here are a few of the things I've been working on!

Most people need to write things down to remember them. I need to write things down so I remember to feed my kids.  (early onset Alzheimer's?  Possibly)  I had a dry erase board calendar in the same spot.  After almost a year of not writing down the new dates each months it gets a little depressing.  We've been writing on hard plastic food containers for a while now to differentiate Lucas' dairy free food in the fridge.  So I figured if it works on plastic...then it should work on glass.  Guess what?  It does!  So I framed a piece of fabric and now we have our very own stylish message board.  When there is nothing on it...it's like art.  When there is writing on it....the kids get dinner!


Because I get a little obsessed when I make things, I made this grocery list for the fridge too.  Now unnamed husbands have no choice but to write down what we run out of, right?  I didn't make the Turkey...that is completely Mason's addition to the fridge!


A couple of weeks ago I found some Ice water glasses that were dying to be etched. Right after we were looking for a gift for our in-laws for watching the kids while we were in Reno.  See where I'm going with this?  They really should have been shot glasses after having the kids for an entire week, but we were trying to keep it classy!  I love the way these turned out!  I just cut out some D's in contact paper on the Cricut and used the negative space for a template.  
 

And finally what you've all been waiting for....pictures of the kids?   Well we will be attending a party this weekend for Brian's sisters engagement.  It will be near Charlotte, NC.    While I'm sure it's intended to be an adults only affair Mason has decided A) that he doesn't want to go to North Carolina.  Because B) we were going to get a baby sitter to watch him and Lucas during the party.  So everyone has apparently decided that it will be fine for him to go to the party.  As you can imagine in Franklin there aren't a lot of parties that require dressing up for.  So we had to find something fun and a little dressier for the boys to wear. So we came up with:

Isn't it the cutest?  This one is for Lucas!
Mason...He even chose the color.




Junior Healy?  Come on you know who that is right?












Well I guess I shouldn't compare him to Problem Child...but I have to admit that's what it reminded me of immediately after he put the tie on.  I don't know if Lucas will actually wear his, but Mason requested to sleep in it last night.  He Loves it!  Good news right?

Until Later I hope you all have a great weekend and start getting a jump on Thanksgiving.  You know that's next week right?  Ha Ha.   Enjoy! -Jamie


2 comments:

adifalco said...

Keep the blog coming! It brightened my day! BTW I want a message board in yellow and white damask for christmas! Thanks!

adifalco said...

ps Junior Healy may not be that far off hehhehe...JK he was a good boy for letting me crash his bday with my party!