The Latest update 09-28-07
So, it's been a few weeks (three to be exact) since I've written. We normally try to take new pictures every night of a Dr's visit. Well, This time we had to find a night where I could stand to be in clothes long enough to take a picture. My routine is to pry off every constricting piece of clothing immediately upon entering the front door. Needless to say we haven't had that many visitor's in the past few weeks.
As the title implies I feel like we are getting through the last little bit of time before baby boy D makes his debut! With that though, comes a sense of calm that we might actually have everything in our house a little baby might need. And a few thousand things he doesn't know he needs yet!
With that a Top five list!
The top five things I thought I couldn't live without...and even before the baby is born...realize I might not have needed them immediately after I told Brian I was ordering them...at 2:30 in the morning!
5. A new house (O.k. so two people and one real small one just MIGHT be able to squeeze into a 3 bedroom house)
The top five things I thought I couldn't live without...and even before the baby is born...realize I might not have needed them immediately after I told Brian I was ordering them...at 2:30 in the morning!
5. A new house (O.k. so two people and one real small one just MIGHT be able to squeeze into a 3 bedroom house)
4. A stroller when I was 5 months pregnant ( Had I known about my level of exhaustion now I would would have purchased a much larger one and some one could have wheeled me around!)
3. A new computer (I really want a place to store the baby's pictures that isn't going to blow up Brian..don't you care about losing forever the memories of your first born baby?) Ugh, or you could have them printed and store them on an extra CD...and not have to figure out how to work Window's Vista!
2. Wall Paint... (did you know newborns can't even see color let alone further than twelve inches from their face) In my defense though, the color is the perfect color of purpley- blue that matches the cutest baby quilt and bumper....EVER!
1. The Baby Quilt...(so I think I was aware of all the SIDS rules before I got pregnant...Put your baby back to sleep...no pillows in the crib...No smoking in the baby's face (I really have to cut back now!) no soft mattress...nothing soft at all in the baby's crib...I guess it just never dawned on me that a newborn A. wouldn't be sleeping in the crib in the near future B.wouldn't need a Quilt that weighs more than them and is 7 times their size. and C. if you did get it near them, they would probably just puke on it anyways and quilts aren't the most fun to wash...everyday. The bumper is however one of the cutest I have ever seen and am so glad we found it!
P.S. No one let Brian read this. I will lose all credibility when I tell him what we need to purchase...TODAY or our child won't be as successful. (PPS this works everytime..so far.)
Once again in keeping with the learning theme I will tell you a few things we have stumbled upon in the past few weeks.
This Idea might be patented soon so don't try and steal it, use it though...because it's the greatest idea ever! You know good ol' heartburn every pregnant ladies constant companion. Well I have discovered if not the cure then a very reliable treatment. Chocolate milk. It's a very rigorous treatment process that you must follow to get the full effects but believe me...it's worth it. First of all you have to drink about a half of a gallon every two days. Second of all you have to drink it after every meal, not to mention at the first sign of turmoil. But I'm telling you this is the best thing out there. If it doesn't work for you at least it's delicious! P.s. if you get heartburn at night you might want to switch to darker sleeping attire as it will stain when you slop it all down your front at 2:30 in the morning and don't notice till the morning.
Well for now we are just getting ready for our little bundle to arrive (two weeks early as mommy has been coaching him!) Everyone that has had a baby recently told me they wished they slept more when they were pregnant they just felt like needed to be doing things to get ready. So, I've been taking lots of naps. Right after I walk in the door from work and change in to the appropriate attire...It's nap time baby! You people call it, I believe you call it lunch time. Well, since I eat all day long continuously, I call it NAP TIME! And when necessary I take a little extra time to complete the task. I figure if I get an hour for lunch and the baby is smaller..he should get half an hour too. I should write a book (too bad it would be called how not to keep a job!)
P.S. everything else is going well. The Dr's said everything is so far so good.
That's it for this time...hope you all are doing well! We'll write again soon. Time for some chocolate milk and a brownie! -Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment