Hello! How is everyone? Another MD Appointment another blog post. So we are 35 weeks today. I can't believe it! I remember in the beginning when I used to read ahead in all the pregnancy books about the mystical 3rd trimester. Wow, they are almost there and can probably feel an actual baby move around! I remember thinking that those girls were somehow better than I was because they had a reason to go baby shopping. And you can actually tell they are pregnant and people open doors for them. Now as one of those chicks I realize my duty to shop and get exactly what I want!! Just kidding! (kind of!)
So Friday we had the big 34 week check up. Our appt. was at 10:00 in the morning and we decided that since we had a few things to shop for we would make it a vacation and stay in Harrisonburg for the weekend. Plus, I thought it would be great to be weightless in the pool for a few hours. So we booked a room at the holiday inn and packed our bags. We arrived at our dr. Appt and an hour and 45 minutes later we were finally out of there. He gave us some lame excuse about having to deliver a baby that morning or something...can you imagine such a bold face lie? No, we gave him a hard time though and told him he was impeding on shopping time! And I think he still thinks delivering that baby was more important than being at my appt on time! Just kidding!
So after a full day of shopping we arrived at the Holiday inn ready to ditch the clothes and get into some swimwear. We go to the front desk the lady is on the phone....and that's when we noticed the sign. Due to a banquet this evening the pool will close at 6:00 pm. Sorry for any inconvenience. Panic sets in. I look at my watch...5:03 Pm Despair sets in. luckily the Marriott had rooms left and we quickly canceled our other reservation. (I think Brian called ahead and told them we were coming and they didn't want me do drain the pool when I did a belly flop so they lied...Paranoia sets it)
So, long story short we went out for a lovely dinner at an Italian restaurant and returned back to the hotel for a swim. It was glorious! Until the tour bus showed up and started taking pictures. Apparently Brian had to make the money to be able to afford a night out and booked me as the main attraction in a whale watching tour. Not one to disappoint I feel like I put on a pretty good show.
Here is a lovely scenic shot from our wonderful hotel on our most recent vacation!
Brian Enjoying himself on vacation!
Right after I accidentally ate a basketball. (it was delicious!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment