It's about time right? Well, tonight I made Mexican chocolate rice crispy treats (minus the Chocolate...one of the kids is allergic) cut them into heart shapes, sprinkled miscellaneous heart shaped sprinkles, put them into I love you cupcake liners and attached Valentines for about 20 kids. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with my self. Except for that Mason and his little pals aren't really going to care. I was really just trying to cover up the fact that Brian made us get the 99 cent Valentines instead of the 2.99 ones with the candy and Tattoos. I didn't want Mason to be ridiculed....so we had to go with the goods.
And Did I mention that I've NEVER in my life made rice crispy treats? I think I will definitely be doing it again.
It was really fun going through the name list and seeing all the strange names people come up with. We also had a few name dilemmas. Like, is Reagan a girl or a boy?
Seriously everyone please use the following recipe:
Mexican Chocolate Rice Crispy treats (from cooks.com)
1/4 cup butter
1 (10 oz.) pack of the big marshmallows
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5& 1/2 cups of chocolate rice crispies cereal ( I used regular and they were awesome)
Grease a 9X13 pan with butter
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla. Add rice crispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
Press mixture into pan with a sheet of waxed paper.
Let cool (if you can) and slice into squares with a greased knife!
(try not to eat the whole pan by yourself)
No comments:
Post a Comment