Friday, February 20, 2009

We're finally home...blogonit.

It's been a busy few weeks around here.  I guess it isn't bad not to blog for two weeks, as long as you come home and blog about what you have been doing....right?  Well I've been working quite a bit at the hospital and Brian has been busy between flying and driving to Florida and working .  We are finally all home this weekend probably one of the first since I've been back from Idaho.  We will have to find something fun to do.  

IMG_2420edit

Hmmn Where is it that we are going? 

Last week I worked two days at the Hospital and Saturday Morning Brians Mom Cindy, young Mason and Myself hit the road pointed south.  We ended up in North Carolina where Brian's sister Andrea lives.  She lives in Cornelius which is about 20-30  minutes from Charlotte  near Lake Norman.  We saw a bunch of huge mansions and a lot of good shopping.  On Sunday we went to a local park for Mason's very first time on a swing set.  IMG_2490edit

He was a little scared at first!

IMG_2472edit

but then Mason had a swingin good time!

We also noticed the man with his two young sons smoking a cigar and talking on the phone at the playground.  ( The mom was probably off getting a massage after having to deal with all of this)  Mason also did his first sliding down a slide!  With a little help.

IMG_2497edit

Don't make fun of my rolled up jeans...it's hard to wear boot cut jeans with tennis shoes.

Before we went to the park I realized that I forgot to bring the stroller.  So we decided to go get a cheap one from Target.  (always a reason to go shopping!)  We found the steal of the century for 15 dollars we had a stroller and we were ready to hit the walking trails!  We brought the stroller home and had to assemble it and as I did it became very obvious that the plastic handles had some sort of color on them that was staining my hands.  We tried to wipe them off....to no avail. So, in a last ditch effort we wrapped the handles with plastic wrap and went to the park.  It was really funny when these ladies who lived in some of the 4 million dollar houses on the lake, walked by us with Mason in his stoller that looked like he was a fat man sitting in coach class, I forgot to bring a blanket to the park so we bundled Cindy's vest around him and of course the Saran wrap on the handles...it was pretty funny!

IMG_2429edit

Here is Mason's Ghetto ride!

IMG_2435edit

I think I will push it into the lake!

IMG_2440edit

  IMG_2445edit

IMG_2446edit

Cindy and Andrea walking through the shelter at the park.

IMG_2464edit

Mason Peeping over the swing.

 

IMG_2494edit

IMG_2499edit

After all that excitement Mason drove us home!

In other news I finally got You Tube to work.  I feel like I earned a degree or something!  Hope you enjoyed this post.   Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...not funny! I was so stoked to watch the Mason video and it's been marked private! Drat! Maybe next time!! Love you! :)