Remember in grade school when the lunch ladies had Chicken surprise? I think the surprise part was all of the leftovers from the past few weeks! (sorry Grams!) So these are a few "leftovers" from the past few weeks of life for us! Hope you enjoy.
We had a barbeque the day after 4th of July, hence the "Happy 5th of July" cake! I was going to do a flag but the icing gave me hard time. Nobody cared when they ate it though!
We have progress in the basement department. They tiled in an area for our backup refrigerator to sit.
The bathroom tile. It looks just like beach sand all compressed together...which looks great with the wall color. Brian will be so relaxed when he does all the laundry!
The entrance by the exterior door. Notice all the tile? Brian picked up all this tile at a yard sale for $60. When there was a question as to whether we would have enough I had to go into Lowe's and see if we could still order it. Luckily we could and luckily we didn't need to. Apparently this tile is worth about $3 per 8x8 tile. We got about 140 square feet for 60 dollars. While I was at Lowe's I checked out the lighting dept and found the chandelier I have been dreaming of. Last one....half price. It was a great day.
The new family room color..do you like it? I thought we were going with gold. I mixed a quart because I wasn't sure and painted a small square....I really didn't like it. I couldn't find any gold color that I did like. I love this color. I just wasn't that into you....Gold.
In this picture you can not only see the ceiling in the family room going up but you can see the newly installed recessed lighting. How exciting.
It's been a big week for the youngest member of our family. Many firsts. First fireman's carnival. First Amusement ride. First parade. Check it out.
Mason was so excited that other kids got candy...and he got a new sippy cup and a football at the parade.
Welcome to Franklin, WV I'm pretty sure it's the only town where you can just jump out in front of parade vehicles and get your picture taken. O.k. so Brian was driving....and I don't think they have received the paperwork on my new higher coverage life insurance policy. Mason was really excited to see Daddy-O in the parade.
The picture isn't the best but we did what we could with the lighting situation!
Isn't this the weirdest bug you have ever seen? I saw it today and had to take a picture. It's creepy eyes follow you wherever you go. It looks like a painting. Reason #456 I don't go camping- Creepy looking bugs with weird creepy eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment