Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Birfday!

The Month of November at our house is quite and exciting time.  It's right in the middle of our "birthday bonanza"  My Birthday is in October.  Mason's (and now Lucas') Both in November and Brian is in December.  For my Dad's birthday we taught Mason to say "Happy Birthday" into the phone.  He did really well with it and ever since then about once a week he wakes up and just yells Happy Birfday!  It's very cute!

In order to celebrate Mason's birthday properly we took him to the Harrisonburg Children's museum.  IMG_3408edit They have a lot of different displays and things kids can touch and play with.  No doubt about it Mason's favorite display was the John Deere Lawnmower.  He just kept "hoppin up on here"

IMG_3399

He even scaled the rock wall!!  (with a little help from Daddy-O)

IMG_3394

They also tried to build a fort with these foam blocks and after they got the roof on Brian went in backwards and kept trying to persuade Mason to do the same.  Luckily Mason is very smart for just two years old.

IMG_3397

The entire fort collapsed on top of Brian. 

IMG_3414

Mason rode a "wild bear" at least it was wild while we rocked it for him!

Do you want to know how I know our pediatrician is smart?

IMG_3411

They sponsored the tallest most dangerous exhibit in the entire place.  How many kids do you think "accidentally" fall off of the slide each year?  And if business really gets slow all they have  to do is add a little Griswold family grease to the slide, or maybe remove a stair.  Any way...nice advertising!

IMG_3421

We kept Mason on the little slide. ( We haven't met our deductible yet this year!)

IMG_3422edit

Mason loved all the train displays!

IMG_3429

They even had a fake "ANCE" on display.  You could get in and touch all the gear and buttons.  Mason also liked riding around in the wheelchair.

IMG_3419edit

Quite the comparison don't you think?

IMG_3430edit

Mason wasn't thrilled with the " Birthday Banana"!  So we had to try a little harder!

IMG_3436

He seemed to be okay with the Birthday sheet cake.

But what he really liked was the...

IMG_3462

Birthday Train rolling in to town.

IMG_3464

Two-Two (instead of choo-choo...get it?)

Who knew that  48 hours later we would be at the hospital awaiting the arrival of our little family member?

IMG_3471 He wasn't due until Mid-December but Little Lucas decided to make his arrival a little ahead of time.  While I was stressed about all the things on my list that weren't accomplished ahead of time....I do admire his punctuality.

IMG_3482

A nice little 3/4 family shot!

IMG_3500

What do you guys want now?

IMG_3506 I'm just soooo relaxed!

IMG_3509

These were my clothes before Nutri-System...and look at me now!

IMG_3513

While the hospital had preemie sized clothes we did not.  We didn't even have any newborn sized clothes because Mason was such a tank!  So after several trips to buy clothes we got him a few outfits that we thought we could take him home in.  Apparently we will be "growing into" the newborn size.  It's funny because they are so big that he doesn't put his legs into the holes he just brings them up inside the torso.   Usually his arms are somewhere in the middle too. It's like a snuggy for newborns...who would have thought?

IMG_3516

We definitely had to pad the car seat which was very large in comparison also.

On Thanksgiving I couldn't help but think about Mason's birthday exactly a week before.  I remember trying to think of what it would be like with two kids and just how the labor and delivery would go!  We were just starting to tie up the loose ends and get everything organized.  Mason's Party was Saturday and Sunday Morning I woke up and told Brian that I absolutely had to pack a bag for the hospital today.  When it didn't get done all day I started a packing extravaganza while Brian gave Mason his bath that night.  I got my bag packed, the diaper bag packed and even wrote little notes like, "don't forget the camera" .  I even threw in the bag some tootsie rolls for afterward.  Monday Morning I needed to do laundry so I would have a shirt to put in my bag to come home in.   As Mason was helping me sort my laundry into piles it became apparent that we would be leaving for the hospital much sooner than we ever thought!   So on Thanksgiving I was very thankful for Two very happy and healthy little boys...One Two years old and One Two days old.

1 comment:

Gillen Family Blog said...

Jamie - your little baby boy is beautiful! Reading your post reminded me so much of Katelynn. I think she was in newborn size for almost 3-4 months. She just turned one last week and is barely into the 12 month clothes. What a wonderful Thanksgiving - you had so much to be thankful for. You have a beautiful family. :)